Reduce Your Carbon Footprint with 3M's Thinsulate Window Film
Reducing your carbon footprint is an essential step toward local law compliance. In New York City, the reduction of our carbon footprint, specifically in commercial buildings, is now being enforced via NYC Local Law 97. Commercial property owners and managers must now focus on improving building envelopes in order to comply with this law. In the past, the focus has been on areas such as lighting and HVAC systems, but property owners must now address the efficiency of the structure’s exterior. Building owners who do not comply with this law may be served with harsh financial reparations.
The building envelope has been overlooked far too long. In most retro commissioning exercises, decision-makers address lighting and HVAC, yet fail to address the walls, windows, and roof of the structure.
Windows are accountable for much of the thermal load in commercial properties, as much as 30%, according to the U.S. Department of Energy. When the effectiveness of the envelope is improved, energy savings will be realized.
3M’s Thinsulate Window Film can counteract the inefficiency of any window, regardless of its age. This film will improve the insulation value of windows by significantly increasing energy savings for 12 months after it is applied as well as reducing your building’s carbon footprint.
3M Thinsulate Window Film
• Comply with local law by decreasing energy use and carbon footprint
• Decrease utility bills such as heating and cooling
• Make a single-pane window as efficient as a double-pane window
• Increase the efficiency of double-pane glass to that of triple-pane
• Qualify for utility rebates and grant funding
• Maximize your Energy Star Portfolio score
• Labor and material under warranty by 3M for up to 15 years
• Increase sustainability and obtain LEED points
• Will not impact the visible exterior of the building (can apply for historical society approval)
• Will not disrupt residents