Window Film Explained
In essence, window film and window tinting are exactly the same thing. However, it may be more common for the term ‘window tinting’ to be related to the automotive industry and the term ‘window film’ to be related to architectural glass, or flat glass. When you enhance your windows with 3M™ Window Films, you can live more comfortably without changing your view.
If you’re avoiding certain rooms in your home or office because they’re uncomfortably warm in the light of the sun, it’s time to make your rooms livable again.
While curtains and blinds are great for privacy and help to block some heat, they do so at the cost of natural light. 3M™ Window Films help eliminate hot spots while preserving the view, making every seat in the house guest-worthy.
- Reject the sun’s heat while preserving your view
- Complement and protect your decorative curtains and blinds
- Increase the comfort of your home or office
Save on heating and cooling costs year round.
Insulate your windows from penetratingly cold temperatures with 3M™ Low-E Window Films. It’s like upgrading from single-pane to double-pane or from double-pane to triple-pane windows.
- Reflect and disperse heat back into the room
- Reduce cold spots
- Improve comfort during cold winter monthscosts year round
Cut down on eyestrain and discomfort from excessive light.
Enjoy natural light while reading or watching TV — without suffering from eyestrain caused by glare. Seeing clearly will improve your efficiency when working (or playing) on a laptop, computer or other mobile devices.
- Enjoy every room in your home or office from sunrise to sunset
- Reclaim sunny rooms for work or relaxation
Safety & Security
Get an added layer of protection while preserving the appearance of your windows with 3M™ Safety & Security Window Films. They make windows harder to penetrate and help hold glass fragments together after impact from break-ins, natural disasters — or even wayward baseballs.
- Reduce the potential of injury from flying glass
- Impede robbers and burglars with windows that are harder to break and enter
- Guard against natural causes of window impact
Reduce hot spots to help save on cooling costs.
Give your cooling system — and your wallet — a break with 3M™ Sun Control Window Films. Stay cool and comfortable all day long by rejecting up to 78% of the sun’s heat coming through your windows.
- Reduce home or office cooling costs up to 30%
- Use less energy
- Let in the light without the heat
Privacy & Style
Add privacy and style to your home or office without sacrificing natural light.
Ideal for foyers, entryways, partitions, shower doors, bathroom windows, verandas or other glass surfaces.
- Let natural light in while enhancing privacy
- Create the illusion of etched, treated or texturized glass
- Get the elegant look of textured glass with 3M™ Crystal Glass Finishes